Better late than never with this update…
- Did displacement analysis after getting JTN_MATH to work. I still need to update my Excel template.
- Took more data in the morning.
- Then analyzed data.
- JTN also went over how to get displacement from acceleration using his JTN_MATH.
- I had trouble getting this to work on my computer.
- I tried to get it to work, but gave up and ultimately went to go work on Envy stuff.
- Finished analyzing acceleration.
- Data seemed low.
- JTN wanted to go back out there to get another freight train. I am going tomorrow.
- Dealing with fatigue issues last couple days, so didn’t get much work done.
- Continued analyzing acceleration data.
- Analyzed data. Data seemed a little low. I had issues with getting lxcrop to work.
- Site visit. Measured data at 3 rooms.
- Received project description. Packed up gear.
In the default MATLAB directory, add a file called “startup.m”
In the file, put in:
Data Management Tools -> Features -> Add XY Coordinates
Important thing to note is that coordinate “units” get exported based on what coordinate system you have.
Geographic coordinates (NAD 83, WGS 84) = latitude/longitude
Projected coordinates (State Plane, UTM) = feet/meters